Lansing Criminal Defense Attorney
Best Michigan Criminal Defense Representation
Lansing criminal defense attorney Eric J. Sheppard is aggressive and experienced in criminal defense. The Law Office of Eric J. Sheppard will fight to protect your rights. I represent clients charged with criminal offenses throughout the State of Michigan. If you have been charged with a criminal offense, you need an aggressive, experienced, and knowledgeable criminal defense attorney to advise and represent you during this difficult time.
Call my office today at 517-618-1580
I handle all felony and misdemeanor cases across the entire State of Michigan, and I have proven results in all of the cases that I represent. I fight for the constitutional rights of my clients and am not intimidated by prosecutors. I represent criminal defense clients throughout the State of Michigan, which includes Lansing and Grand Rapids and Detroit and Pontiac and Kalamazoo and Flint and Saginaw and Monroe and Ann Arbor and Bay City and Ithica and Midland and Gladwin and Clare and Manistee and all of northern Michigan, including the Upper Peninsula.
Call my office now for a free consultation at 517-618-1580. My office is open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. I know that trouble with law enforcement does not only happen during “normal” business hours; so please call my office at any time - day or night.
My office provides dedicated, personal attention to all of my cases and clients. I will walk you through the criminal justice system and process and assist you and your family with all of your questions and concerns.
Aggressive Michigan Criminal Defense Attorney
If you have been charged with a crime, or if you are being investigated by the police for a crime, contact my office immediately at 517-618-1580.
Do not wait to call me; contact my office immediately.
MICHIGAN CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYER
My office runs a statewide practice and represents clients charged with Michigan sex crimes, Michigan assault crimes, Michigan drunk driving and alcohol crimes, Michigan domestic violence crimes, Michigan theft offense crimes, Michigan arson crimes, Michigan computer crimes, Michigan stalking crimes, Michigan gun crimes, and Michigan drug crimes.
I am also a Michigan driver's license restoration attorney and a Michigan expungement attorney.
CLEAN SLATE ATTORNEY:
Michigan enacted a new expungement law that dramatically opens up eligibility for setting aside and expunging prior convictions. You can change your life and open up employment opportunities, restore constitutional rights, and allow freedom of movement and association by expunging your record. Call Clean Slate Attorney Eric J. Sheppard today at 517-618-1580.
I am also a Michigan school discipline attorney and Michigan suspension and expulsion attorney and a Michigan Title IX attorney. I handle school discipline cases from elementary school through high school and at the University level. I am highly experienced in school discipline matters, and I get results for my clients.
I will travel to your location to meet with you and to begin representation of your case. I will also meet with you remotely, via Zoom or Microsoft Teams or Facetime or Skype, if that is what you feel comfortable doing for a meeting. I meet clients wherever they feel comfortable, in order to handle the case and get you the results that you deserve. I have handled criminal cases through the entire State of Michigan, and my knowledge of the different court systems and prosecuting attorneys throughout the State of Michigan is a valuable asset toward fighting to protect your rights and interests and resolving your case.
What steps do I need to take to hire a Michigan criminal defense attorney?
If you need to hire a Michigan criminal defense attorney, then you or your loved one has been charged with a crime or is being investigated for a crime. The first step you need to take is to exercise your Constitutional right to remain silent and not talk to any police officer, child protective service worker, or any other government official. Government officials do not have your best interests in mind when there is an ongoing investigation or a charged crime for a Michigan criminal offense. You need to remain silent and contact Michigan criminal defense attorney Eric J. Sheppard right away.
PROVEN RESULTS FOR MICHIGAN CRIMINAL DEFENSE
- dismissals of cases
- not guilty verdicts
- reduction of charges
- reduced sentences
- no jail and no probation
- reduced restitution or zero restitution awarded
- rehabilitation of clients to get their lives on track
Recent Case Results for Clients:
- Filed a motion to dismiss felony drug charges based upon an unconstitutional search and seizure by the police; after a motion hearing and testimony and full briefing by both sides, the Court suppressed all evidence against my client and dismissed the case; case dismissed for a very deserving client
- Obtained dismissal of a felony charge involving a vulnerable adult - for a client wrongfully accused of taking advantage of the vulnerable adult
- Obtained an ex parte order and driving privileges for my client, who had been wrongfully suspended after a reexamination process from the Secretary of State
- Represented a petitioner filing for a personal protection order; the respondent filed a motion to terminate the PPO; after a hearing and full testimony and exhibits presented, the Court upheld the PPO in favor of my client, in order to continue to protect my client
- Dismissal of aggravated assault charge for client wrongfully accused
- Won an appeal of a drivers license restoration case to get my client a drivers license and help to change the client's life
- Won a dismissal or four felony drug charges after running preliminary examination
- Won a dismissal of a misdemeanor traffic offense in exchange for an impeding traffic, which carries no points and does not abstract to the Secretary of State; this was a fantastic result for a well deserving client with a commercial drivers license
- Won a dismissal of a Title IX case - where my client was wrongfully accused of sexual misconduct and sexual harassment; case dismissed
- Obtained dismissal of felony weapons charges that would have placed my client in prison for a mandatory two years; stood up to the prosecutor and case dismissed
- Obtained a termination of a personal protection order by exposing the lies of the petitioner
- Won a hardship license at Circuit Court after my client had an implied consent violation; I was able to show the Circuit Court that my client was in a probationary program and being monitored for drugs and alcohol and needed restricted driving privileges allowed under Michigan law to get to and from work and school and rehabilitation programs and testing and to the courthouse
- Obtained dismissal of felony weapons charges and unlawful discharge charges against my client; the witnesses accusing my client were unreliable and not credible; the prosecutor could not prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt; case dismissed
- Obtained a dismissal of a neglect and abuse case (NA case) involving allegations of sexual misconduct; these were false allegations; the prosecutor and child protective services could not prove probable cause (low standard) to the court to authorize a petition against my client; case dismissed
- Maintained a clean and crime free record for my client who was being wrongfully accused of sexual assault against a minor; any charges would have carried up to life imprisonment and lifetime sex offender registry and lifetime electronic monitoring; the client was falsely accused due to family law and custody dynamics; this was shown to the prosecutor and to child protective services
- Won a dismissal of felony property offense charges against my client; my client had a lawful claim of right defense; the prosecutor could not prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt and all charges were dismissed
- Obtained a termination of multiple personal protection orders that were filed against my client; the client faced false allegations by neighbors - who were motivated by financial dynamics; after a lengthy evidentiary hearing, both personal protection orders were terminated and the cases dismissed in full for my well-deserving client
- Obtained a drivers license for a very deserving client after a driver reexamintion hearing before the Michigan Department of State
- Obtained letters of authority for a developmental disability case for my client after an emergency hearing via Zoom
- Obtained an ex parte custody and parenting time order for client by showing the court that there was irreparable harm that would be imposed by the delay necessary for a hearing and that parenting time with the other parent was against the best interests of the minor children
- Won an expungement and set aside a conviction for a very deserving client; it was more difficult to obtain a certified record of conviction and fingerprints and the appropriate state police report necessary for success during the global pandemic; but I worked hard to obtain the right results for a very deserving client
- Obtained a termination of a personal protection order for a client who was wrongfully accused of misconduct and was engaging in constitutionally protected activity and activity that serves a legitimate purpose
- Obtained a successful trial result for a client facing eviction in a housing cooperative case; after a multiple day trial, the judge sided with my client and refused to authorize the eviction; then the landlord appealed that decision to the Circuit Court; after defending my client's interests in Circuit Court, the Circuit Court judge upheld the District Court and trial court decision in favor of my client
- Obtained dismissal of criminal contempt charge against client who was wrongfully accused of violating a parenting time order; case dismissed
- Obtained and secured a personal protection order for a client who was victimized by stalking and domestic violence; we were able to show the Circuit Court judge that my client needed protection and that the personal protection order must stand; after a multiple day evidentiary hearing, the judge upheld the personal protection order and continued to protect my client
- Obtained a restricted drivers license for a well deserving client in one of the last live and in-person hearings with the Michigan Department of State and the Office of Hearings and Administrative Oversight (OHAO) before the global pandemic temporarily shut down the Department of State and all Secretary of State offices
- Won a Circuit Court petition to secure driving privileges for my client who was facing a revocation of driving privileges based upon mechanical error with an ignition interlock device; I was able to show the Circuit Court Judge that my client had never consumed any alcohol and that the ignition interlock device had simply malfunctioned; after obtaining Circuit Court relief, then I was successful in showing the Secretary of State that this was mechanical failure; and the client was able to timely petition for a full and unrestricted license at the proper time, without delay
- Obtained a dismissal of multiple criminal sexual conduct charges for a client who was wrongfully accused; the complaining witness had motivations with the school where both attended and other outside influences that were giving this complaining witness bad advice; at the end of the day, the prosecutor could not prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt, and the case was dismissed; this saved the client from going to prison for up to 15 years and lifetime registration on the sex offender registry; case dismissed
- Not guilty verdict on all counts for a client facing multiple felony charges for resisting and obstructing arrest. I was able to show the jury that the police were acting unlawfully and that my client was asserting a lawful right to resist an unlawful arrest; not guilty on all counts for a happy client
- Won a dismissal of a false prescription case; the government could not meet their burden of proof and prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt; other attorneys would have pushed this client to a plea to something that the client did not do, but my office stood up to the prosecutor and obtained a full dismissal
- Won dismissal of a domestic violence misdemeanor by asserting lawful self-defense
- Obtained a dismissal of an abuse and neglect case (NA case) for a client who was accused of criminality involving a young family member; I conducted a detailed investigation into these allegations, which were false and motivated by other family dynamics; I was able to show the prosecutor and judge that there was no probable cause to authorize a petition against my client; I was also able to convince the prosecutor that nothing could be proven beyond a reasonable doubt and to not charge my client criminally; neglect and abuse case dismissed in full and no criminal charges against client
- Won a dismissal of a misdemeanor property crime in exchange for accepting responsibility to a $50 civil infraction
- Obtained full dismissal of felony fleeing and eluding charges against client; the police officer involved violated my client's constitutional rights to be free from an unlawful detention, and my client had a right to resist unlawful police conduct; case dismissed
- Obtained a developmental disability guardianship for a family in need; contact my office for guardianship needs
- Felony assault charges dismissed in full for a deserving client; client faced multiple felony charges for assault involving allegations from a family member; these charges were false and grossly exaggerated the interaction between the family members for the event in question; I was able to engaged in a detailed investigation and convince the prosecutor to drop all felony charges in exchange for a petty misdemeanor, with no jail and no probation and fines and costs only
- Obtained a full and unrestricted license for a deserving client, who will be able to work and provide for the client's family; told the proper narrative and presented the proper proofs to demonstrate that my client remained clean and sober and deserved a drivers license back;
- Obtained a reversal of a school suspension for a University student and client who was facing summary suspension, which was a disproportionate sanction for the facts and circumstances; this saved the client thousands of dollars in tuition and allowed the client to receive full credit and graduate from the University
- Obtained an expungement of a felony conviction for a well-deserving client; we were able to demonstrate to the court that the circumstances and behavior of my client warranted the court to set aside the conviction and expunge my client's permanent record
- Won a dismissal of a neglect proceeding against client, which allowed client to return home to see client's children
- Obtained full, unrestricted restoration of client's driving privileges after hearing and showing that client met all qualifications for an unrestricted license without the ignition interlock device
- Obtained client's driver's license back after administrative hearing for driver's license restoration at Secretary of State
- Not guilty verdict on a misdemeanor case in Ann Arbor that dismissed the case against client and resulted in zero negative consequences - no jail, no fines, no probation
- Finding of not responsible after a formal hearing on a careless driving charge, which resulted in a dismissal and zero points added to client's driving record; this was a very important result for a truck driving client
- Dismissal of a 10 year felony for assault strangulation and dismissal of a 4 year felony for assault with a dangerous weapon; petty misdemeanor resolution for client
- Dismissal of felony sex crime and reduction to petty misdemeanor with no jail for client
- Outright dismissal of traffic ticket for client
- Not guilty on criminal contempt for client; client was not found in criminal contempt and faced zero sanctions: no fines, no probation, no jail
- Dismissal of gun charge that would have sent client to prison for 2 years straight
- Dismissal of rolling retest violation at Secretary of State for deserving client; client will now remain eligible for a full driver's license without any additional suspension
- Dismissal of felony fleeing and eluding case
- Dismissal of 15 year felony drug case with resolution of minor misdemeanor and no jail, no probation for client
- Dismissal of 2 felony drug charges against client with resolution of minor misdemeanor with no jail and no probation
- Outright dismissal of felony property crime for client
- Dismissal of felony check case with resolution of petty misdemeanor with not jail and no probation for client
- Dismissal of misdemeanor charge for driving on a suspended license in exchange for civil infraction that carries no points and is not abstracted to the Michigan Secretary of State - saved client's eligibility for obtaining a lawful driver's license and saved a 1-year "like kind" suspension of client's driver's license
- Obtained dismissal of criminal alcohol charge in exchange for civil infraction - no points, no driver's license sanctions, no jail, no probation - just pay a fine and case closed
- Dismissal of multiple probation violation charges against client and non-revocation of client's probationary status - no further jail for client
- Obtained dismissal of felony assault case
- Dismissal of criminal alcohol charge and multiple civil infractions
- Obtained deferral and dismissal of felony drug charge for client - no jail and short probationary term to get the offense of of the client's permanent record
- Dismissal of 10 different felony theft charges in exchange for 1 attempted theft charge - put the government's case to the test to obtain results for client
- Obtained outright dismissal of felony gun charges that would have sent client to prison for a lengthy period of time
- Outright dismissal of assault with dangerous weapon case after holding prosecutor to its proofs
- After hearing, earned dismissal of personal protection order when the opposing side was unable to meet its burden of showing that the personal protection order should remain in place - case dismissed for a well-deserving client
- Obtained outright dismissal of felony assault charges
- Earned dismissal of criminal driving charge for client with reduction that did not have a "like kind" suspension and kept client eligible to obtain a lawful driver's license
- Obtained dismissal of criminal charge in exchange for civil infraction
- Dismissal of assault case on the day of trial
- Dismissal of domestic violence second offense case on the day of trial
- Earned dismissal of felony drug charge for misdemeanor resolution and deferral to shelter the conviction and keep any conviction off of the client's permanent record
You need to contact Lansing, Michigan criminal defense attorney Eric J. Sheppard at 517-618-1580. My office will guide you through this difficult time in dealing with the Michigan criminal justice system. I will be there for you and your family in order to fight the case.
DO NOT WAIT. Contact my office right away for your FREE MICHIGAN LAWYER consultation: 517-618-1580.
I provide Michigan Criminal Defense in Lansing, East Lansing, Mason, Meridian Township, Okemos, Haslett, Holt, Williamston, Leslie, Charlotte, Delta Township, Eaton Rapids, Grand Ledge, Potterville, Olivet, Dimondale, St. Johns, DeWitt, Bath, Bath Township, Eagle, Ovid, Fowler, Maple Rapids, Corunna, Durand, Owosso, Perry, Laingsburg, Byron, Morrice, Lennon, Flint, Flushing, Grand Blanc, Fenton, Davison, Clio, Burton, Mount Morris, Schwarz Creek, Jackson, Blackman Township, Brooklyn, Concord, Grass Lake, Hanover, Springport, Ionia, Portland, Belding, Grand Rapids, Kentwood, East Grand Rapids, Grandville, Rockford, Wyoming, Cedar Springs, Sparta, and other Michigan communities.
My office also provides Michigan Criminal Defense work in northern Michigan, including, but not limited to, Saginaw, Midland, Bay City, Clare, Gladwin, West Branch, Muskegon, Manistee, and Ludington. Call our office today at 517-618-1580.
- Michigan Rape Defense Attorney
- Michigan Drunk Driving Attorney
- Michigan Domestic Violence Attorney
- Michigan Gun Defense Attorney
- Michigan Drug Crime Defense Attorney
- Michigan Resist and Obstruct Arrest Defense Attorney
- Michigan Theft Offense and Retail Fraud Attorney
- Michigan Arson Attorney
- Michigan Embezzlement Attorney
- Michigan Expungment Attorney
- Michigan Drivers License Restoration Attorney
- Michigan Neglect and Abuse Attorney
- Michigan School Suspension and Expulsion Attorney
- Michigan Title IX Attorney
Counties where I practice in Michigan:
Alcona - Allegan - Barry - Bay - Berrien - Branch - Calhoun -
Cass - Clare - Clinton - Eaton - Emmet- Genesse
Gladwin - Gratiot - Hillsdale - Ingham - Ionia - Iosco - Isabella - Jackson - Kalamazoo - Kent - Lapeer - Lenawee - Livingston - Macomb - Mason - Mecosta - Midland - Monroe - Montcalm - Muskegon - Newago - Oakland - Oceana - Ottawa - Osceola - Saginaw - Shiawassee - St. Clair - St. Joseph - Tuscola - Van Buren - Washtenaw - Wayne - Wexford
The Law Office of Eric J. Sheppard
2109 Hamilton Road, Suite 206
Okemos, MI 48864
PH: 517-618-1580 (office)
PH: 216-973-9996 (cell)
2109 Hamilton Road, Suite 206
Okemos, MI 48864
PH: 517-618-1580 (office)
PH: 216-973-9996 (cell)
Disclaimer: The information contained on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this website should be taken or construed as legal advice for any individual case or situation. The information contained on this website is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing the information contained on this website does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.